Friday, March 4, 2011

Something Fishy

A work in progress going on in our kitchen. Oh the price we have to pay to make art!!! I had to light a candle to lend an aromatic counterpoint to the ever-blooming stench coming from my pal, Snappy.
The things around the cutting board are mostly articles used to catch, gut, and eat a fish, and a brass fisherman stands watch from the windowsill.
I got the fish fresh from the market and began working on the painting immediately. At the end of each session, I'd carefully wrap him and tuck him into the refrigerator. You know that saying that two days is the limit for houseguests and fish in your home? That speeds up considerably when the fish is raw and room-temperature.
Once I got the candle idea, I really thought it improved the situation. Then I went into the other room to tell my husband something and he let me know that the Essence of Snappy was very much on me, and I guess had almost killed my sense of smell! 
Anyway, this is a significant scene and I'll tell you more about it when I post the finished piece.  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. hilarious. maybe Essence of Snappy will be the new celeb cologne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we see the finished product?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sir, I'll snap it tonight, so to speak, and post it next, just for you!

    ReplyDelete