Monday, August 10, 2009

Stolen Beauty

This angel sketch is a demo, teaching how to quickly and accurately sketch out and block in a design, and also a lesson in light and shadow.
As always, as soon as I see the blog post, I want to make corrections to the painting, but it serves the original purpose adequately enough.
I called it Stolen Beauty because the demo was done from a calendar, so it's from someone else's photograph and therefore copyrighted. I can't use it for anything except a demonstration, but that's all I wanted it for so it's a crime without a victim.
I have been employed, since my return, with expanding my studio space and, while I'm thrilled with that job, I am missing the blogosphere and my peeps. I keep thinking that things will slow down but I'm beginning to think that that will require applying the brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment