Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Patriot

This is a morning painting of the Patriot. It was hard to paint because it drifted quite a bit, so sometimes the boat on the canvas looked twisted. This was another one that was "fixed" after I got my arm back, in the studio.
Like the Warrior, this boat was being refurbished after a mauling by Ike. I debated whether to include the blue tarps but in the end, they worked with the composition.
When the Warrior and the Patriot were drying side by side, it looked like the Patriot was pulling the Warrior along on a leash as their respective lines met almost exactly. I think a warrior and a patriot would work well together, myself, but I'm not sure which would lead whom.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    I wanted to friend you on facebook but there were so many and I did not know which was you. I also looked for an email but had no luck there. Here is my email: katelackmanstudios@gmail.com. Would love to keep in touch and I enjoy getting to know artists on facebook. I am kinda new to it so wasn't even really sure how to find someone. would it be alright to add a link to your sight and vice versa on my blog? I love your work especially the portrait of James. Excellent !
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting Kim. You captured the moment and the day perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Judy, that was a good day.
    Kate, I hope we're linked on FB and yes, it would be alright to add the link between our blogs. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    Not sure if you remember me, but we met at the PSOA conference and then again at te Meet and Greet in Austin. I just came across your blog after Debra sent me everyone's contact info. Great paintings! Love this one! :-)
    Hope you are doing well and still painting lots in spite of this economy! Take care,
    Anna Rose Bain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    Not sure if you remember me, but we met at the PSOA conference in April, and then again in June for the Austin Meet and Greet. I just came across your blog after getting everyone's contact info from Deb, and I love your work! I hope this economy hasn't affected you as it has so many of us!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I hope to see you again at the next meeting!
    -Anna Rose Bain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna, Of course I remember you; thank you for your visit and comment. My theory is, If you paint it, they will come :-)
    Paint you joy!

    ReplyDelete