Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Sounding Joy

The Sounding Joy is the last angel in the series and my last post in 2008. I would begin working on these at the start of the holidays because that time of year wasn't hectic enough. The cards were numbered according to the date they were submitted to the printers. This one was submitted on 21 December 1999. They still had to be written in and mailed after that, and back then, we were sending out over 200 cards for Christmas. My life is more sane now, she confided with aplomb. When I found out people were collecting and framing our annual cards, I made these so that they would go together. The angels, if they are placed side-by-side in chronological order, are faced as though over the manger. They are color-coordinated and the clouds line up in a continuous line. I'll post the 3 together and wish you a most blessed Christmas. I will be with my family for the next week, celebrating with sounding joy. God bless you in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment