Friday, December 19, 2008

Arrangement with Flow Blue

*sold*
My friend Judy Crowe set this up for us to paint using her lovely Flow Blue sugar bowl. We were in her studio with the arrangement just in front and to the right of a big window. There were 2 orange slices but I painted one of them out: too many players on the field. My favorite player was the little carnation that connects the orange slice to the fruit hiding behind the bowl. That one had the most opportunity to show off the light effects.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just now starting to enjoy painting flowers, and your painting is just the way I like them - loose and lucious. Masterful work on the bowl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Kelley! I hope you are loving working with the flowers. They are a challenge!

    ReplyDelete