Wednesday, November 4, 2009

White Pumpkin

The pumpkin: the October-November Cross-Over Fruit.
The thing I liked about this scene was the ribbon of shadow across the top of the pumpkin and the ribbon of light on the table behind it.
I painted the pomegranate and the pumpkin for an on-line challenge, calling artists to enter paintings done entirely during the month of October. My plan was to enter a plein air work of changing leaves and a still life made up of Autumn Harvest but when October started running out, I hurried and did these two small works using my still life props.
The pomegranate is 5x7, the pumpkin is 6x6 and was selected for the first 6-Inch Squared show at the Randy Higbee Gallery in California.

3 comments:

  1. I can see the level of your painting is reaching higher and deeper and fuller....it looks like to me you are absorbing all that HE is pouring into you and letting it flow out of your paintbrushes, stroke by minute stroke....beautiful, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my very favorite pumpkin paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Susan! Thank you, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete